Antler Offers $500k to Fund up to Five Startups Battling Covid-19
- Antler has offered to fund startups with solutions to the Covid-19 Outbreak.
- The Successful teams after the screening process will pitch to Antler Investment Committee (IC) remotely.
- Anter is set to invest up to $500, 000 in five startup that provide vital solutions to the Covid-19 outbreak, and show that they can continue to operate after the Covid-19 outbreak.
Singapore based early-stage venture capital (VC) company Antler, with an office in Nairobi, is offering to fund startups with solutions for tackling the Covid-19 outbreak.
Antler plans to invest in up to five startup teams and deploy up to $500 000 in all five. The venture capital company said in a statement last week that it is inviting startups to pitch ideas in these four areas :
- Mitigation (masks, contact tracing, surveillance, data infrastructure)
- Medical Equipment (test kits, protective devices, ventilators)
- Remote Health (telehealth, remote patient monitoring, symptom checkers)
- Digital Tools (remote work, smart delivery, e-learning).
- The purpose, of the funding and support, it said, is to contribute towards the path to recovery from the crisis.
READ ALSO: Nigeria Approves $268M Soft Loans to Support Startups, SMEs, MSMEs
The Screening Process
Once the screening process is completed, the selected teams will be invited to a video pitch session. Subsequently, the finalists will pitch to the Antler Investment Committee (IC) remotely.
he investment prerequisites will take into account the importance of the proposed solution towards mitigating Covid-19, and how the startup will continue to operate in a post-Covid-19 context.
Organizations receiving the investment would gain access to Antler’s global network of founders, investors and business experts, as well as leadership coaching from Antler.
Antler’s Exploits in Africa
Antler, opened it’s Africa office in Nairobi in the second quarter of 2019 with the an aim to fund african startups. It had it’s inaugural program to fund African startups, and received over 1200 applications, selected 37 brilliant founders from 13 countries and invested 100,000USD in 4 startups that were nutured at the program in the past 6 months. The four startups are AIfluence Inc., Digiduka, ChapChapGo and AnyiHealth.
Antler’s Global Advantage for Startups
Antler, apart from Nairobi, also has offices in Singapore, London, New York, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Sydney and Oslo. The VC company will help entrepreneurs get their projects off the ground and make them available as soon as possible to those who need them.
The Continuous Wealth Decline of Patrice Motsepe: A Further Loss of $100 Million
Patrice Motsepe, South African billionaire, continues to face financial setbacks as his n…