7 Facts About Austin Chenge, the Nigerian Running to Become Governor of Michigan in US
Austin Chenge, a native of Benue State, Nigeria, has joined the race for the governorship election in Michigan, United States of America.
According to a statement by the Head of Media and Public Relations unit, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abdul-Rahman Balogun, the 34-year-old will be running under the Republican Party and he is expected to challenge USA Representative, Lamar Smith.
Here are 10 facts you should know about Chenge.
1. He is a Law graduate from the University of Birmingham, England.
2. He has been decorated as a Distinguished Honour Graduate with a Culmulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 99.8% and for exceptional performance while on active duty.
3. Chenge is popular for designing the tricycle known as “Wazobia tricycle” to improve the lives of peasant farmers all over Africa.
ALSO READ: Meet Bashir Dodo, the Nigerian Tech Genius Taking Africa to the World
4. He has been serving with the US military as a specialist since 2018.
5. Austin raised over $200,000 in funding for his first startup, Holla@Me/Holla.com (now sold) in England and soon expanded to San Jose in California.
6. He created Waving in a social networking environment in 2011, a concept later seen on Facebook’ Wave.
7. In March 2020 Austin became the first Republican Candidate for Governor of Michigan, for the 2022 election.
The Continuous Wealth Decline of Patrice Motsepe: A Further Loss of $100 Million
Patrice Motsepe, South African billionaire, continues to face financial setbacks as his n…