10 Startups Have Emerged Finalists for Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative 2020
Ten African startups have emerged finalists in the ongoing Jack Ma Foundation’s Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative, ANPI. The startups play in varied sectors ranging from agritech to edtech, healthtech, and financial services. See the list below.
- MDaaS Global, a Nigerian startup that operates tech-enabled diagnostic facilities in poorer communities.
- Amaati, a Ghanaian startup which produces an almost extinct crop called Fonio.
- BrightGreen Renewable Energy, Kenya’s energy startup which manufactures life-saving fuel bricks that drastically reduces the cost of cooking gas.
- INVESTIV, a startup in Ivory Coast which uses technology to support smallholder farmers.
- Le Chocolatier Ivorien, an Ivorian startup that makes handcrafted and quality chocolate.
- MST Junior School, a Ugandan primary school that is said to have a unique approach and earning model.
- Uganics, another Ugandan startups that manufactures life-saving organic anti-malaria soap.
- MoneyMart, a Zimbabwean microfinance institution that offers business loans.
- Enko Education, Cameroon’s largest single network of private schools.
- Diarrablu, a fashion tech startup in Senegal.
Congratulations to this year’s Top 10 Africa’s Business Heroes.
We are thrilled to move to the final stage of the competition with these inspiring entrepreneurs, representing 10 countries from across Africa.
Visit https://t.co/J4BIDZgwGe for more.#MeetTheTop10 #ABH2020 pic.twitter.com/cpe4CXCRUx
— Africa’s Business Heroes (@africa_heroes) October 12, 2020
As you may well know, applications to this year’s Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative (ANPI) opened earlier this year to startups in 54 African countries. More than 20, 000 applications were subsequently received, and have now been screened down to just ten.
At the end of a series of pitching events scheduled for November 13-14, successful winners will benefit from a $1.5 million prize pool, courtesy of the Jack Ma Foundation.
The first edition of the Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative was held last year in Accra, Ghana and saw Nigeria’s Temie Giwa-Tubosun of LifeBank emerge as winner of the grand prize of $250, 000.
Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga’s Firm in Court Over Alleged $775,000 Debt
Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga’s firm, Conoil Producing Limited, has been dragged…