Loatstad Promomedia Explains why it Switched off Lights at Lekki Toll Gate on #BlackTuesday
Loatstad Promomedia Limited, the outdoor advertising company that operates the digital billboard adverts at the Lekki Toll Gate, said it did not connive with the perpetrators of the Lekki Toll Gate massacre that occurred on Tuesday night. Instead, it only followed directives from the government.
A statement by the company’s Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Seyi Tinubu, explained that the lights were switched off in compliance with the 24-hour curfew that was imposed by the Lagos State Government.
“On Tuesday when the curfew was announced we heeded the governor’s warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3: pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governor’s curfew request.
“We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain, and shock at the event that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and family of this ungodly act,” Tinubu said in the statement which was seen by Business Elites Africa.
He went further to stress that his company had supported the #EndSARS protests since day one because he and the rest of the team believed in the agitations. He even recounted how Loatstad Promomedia had used its platform to amplify the message of the protesters by displaying #EndSARS messages on its electronic billboard.
While some Nigerians found his explanation plausible enough, others do not quite believe him even as they continue to accuse him of being complicit in the massacre. A lot of Twitter users have question why he had to switch off the lights because of the curfew, even as others simply accused him of being a murderer.
Tinubo son seyi off light for innocent citizens to be killed on sight…you killed innocent nigerians because they are disrupting your business…u couldn't find somewhere else to start your #4m business still on toll gate #seyitinubu is a killer #BuhariMustGo pic.twitter.com/xeo1NIV2Uq
— Lyna (@Lyna24234128) October 21, 2020
It should be noted that Seyi Tinubu is the first son of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Lagos State’s former governor and current prominent godfather who has also been fingered for being complicit in the Lekki Toll Gate massacre.
In the meantime, more details have continued to emerge regarding the unfortunate incident that occurred at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday night. As you may well recall, there were claims about the government uninstalling CCTV cameras around the perimeters of the incident prior to the shooting. Well, the Lagos Concession Centre released a statement clarifying that. Lagos Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat, tweeted out the statement earlier today as you can see below.
This press release by the Lekki Concession Company should provide some feedback about a lot of stories we have seen on social media about the Lekki toll gate. It is important to understand all the factors at play as we continue to investigate. Perimeter CCTV was not removed. pic.twitter.com/g7YzG26oZQ
— Obafemi Hamzat (@drobafemihamzat) October 22, 2020
CBN Directs Banks to Open Saturdays, Sundays to Ease Naira Scarcity
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has confirmed the evacuation of new notes from its vault…