The event received submissions from across Africa. Of these, 15 finalists were selected to go through to the final intense two-week virtual business development training, with an opportunity to pitch their innovative solutions in a pitching den to a panel of judges draw from the partners of the challenge.
The prizes include*:
- Four-month online incubation and virtual mentorship, and ongoing access to a peer-to-peer network through the TechTribe Accelerator
- First place winner: SecureWatch Premium 5GB valid for three months to the value of $12,500
- Second place & Third place winners: SecureWatch Premium 2GB valid for three months to the value of $5,000
The prizes will be awarded based on the needs and scalability of winning startups.
The winners of the challenge are:
- First place: Hydro Blu– Joash Kisten, South Africa
- Second place: Smart AgrIoT- Jabu Madlala, South Africa
- Third place: HeHe – Crepin Kayisire, Rwanda, & FieldDev Group Nigeria– Nduka Okpue, Nigeria
The 2021 Space-Tech Challenge:
The next version of the 2021 Space-Tech challenge will concentrate more on supporting new entrants and entrepreneurs around the value chain of the sector, which will enhance the geospatial readiness of Africa. The goal of the challenge will be to demystify the entrepreneurial space sector by bringing together relevant stakeholders, government agencies, trade organisations and civil society.
As Nigeria celebrates its 63rd independence anniversary, it’s an opportune moment to…