The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has dismissed the heads of 21 parastatals, agencies, and government companies of the FCT Administration of their appointments with immediate effect.
The Director of Press, Office of the Minister, Anthony Ogunleye, stated this in a press statement in Abuja on Wednesday.
Ogunleye said that the affected appointees should hand over the affairs of their offices to the most senior officers in rank.
He added that appointments in the offices would be made in due course.
A list of affected heads of the agencies
1. Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Abuja Investment Company Ltd
2. CEO/Managing Director, Abuja Markets Management Ltd
3. MD/CEO, Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company
4. CEO/MD, Abuja Property Development Company
5. CEO/MD, Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company
6. CEO/MD, Abuja Film Village International
7. CEO/MD, Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd
8. MD, Abuja Broadcasting Corporation
9. MD, Abuja Enterprise Agency
10. General Manager, FCT Water Board
11. Director-General, FCT Emergency Management Agency
12. Executive Secretary, FCT Primary Healthcare Board
13. DG, Hospital Management Board
14. Director, Abuja Environmental Protection Board
15. Director, FCT Scholarship Board
16. Director, FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board
17. Director, Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board
18. Coordinator, Abuja Infrastructure Investment Center
19. Director, FCT Health Insurance Scheme
20. Coordinator, Satellite Towns Development Department
21. Coordinator, Abuja Metropolitan Management Council
This comes a few days after Wike swore in Charles Elechi, the Secretary of Economic Planning, Revenue Generation, and Public Private Partnership of the administration, among others.
Wike and the FCTA Secretaries
Wike also urged the new appointees to discharge their duties with a sense of urgency, dedication and selflessness.
The minister appealed to the newly inaugurated secretaries to deploy unwavering diligence and commitment to duty to ensure that President Bola Tinubu’s “accelerated development and transformation agenda of the FCT into a world-class Capital Territory, was achieved.”
Others inaugurated include Dr Adedolapo Fasawe, Health and Environmental Services secretariat; Uboku Nyah, Transportation secretariat; Salman Dako, Legal Services secretariat; Bitrus Garki, Area Council Services secretariat, amongst others.
Meet Charles Elechi: The newly appointed FCT Secretary
Elechi is a lawyer who was a two-term Commissioner for Agriculture as well as Transport in Abia State. He also served as a Special Adviser to a former governor in the state, in 2015.
Following his appointment, Charles recently announced that the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), is considering a collaboration between its revenue-generating agencies.
Speaking during an unscheduled visit to Abuja Geographic Information Systems (AGIS), to ascertain the level of compliance and pace of work of AGIS staff, Charles said the collaboration has become necessary, in order to take pressure off staff of AGIS who work even outside working hours.
Wike: First Southern FCT Minister in 47 years
The former Governor of Rivers, Nyesom Wike was appointed as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) by President Bola Tinubu.
His appointment marks the first time a southerner is appointed to such a position in 47 years.
The first time a Southerner was appointed as FCT minister was in 1976 when the former military head of state, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo appointed Mobolaji Ajose-Adeogun.
Ajose-Adeogun was appointed by a southerner into that position, and so was Wike, who was appointed by a southern president, Tinubu as FCT minister.
Abdul Samad Rabiu’s journey to becoming one of Africa’s wealthiest magnates is…