Responding to popular demand, Uber has introduced a new ‘quiet mode’ feature for riders who don’t want to talk to their drivers.
The new “quiet mode” feature was announced yesterday alongside other new app settings available only to Uber Black users, including the option to set a preferred temperature and to request help with luggage or extra time getting to the car.
Uber is positioning the option as part of an array of “high-quality services” designed for folks who can afford the company’s pricer ridesharing options. This option is only for the customers who are already paying about twice the price of Uber X and four times the price of Uber Pool. Uber Black is a luxury service that uses a fleet of fancier cars and, in some places, requires drivers to have a much higher minimum rating than other Uber drivers in order to stay in the higher-end, higher-paying program.
In addition to “Quiet Mode,” some other features Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders will be able to enjoy include the following:
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
19,580 total views, 2,606 views today